The Egmond aan Zee offshore wind farm is linked to a comprehensive Monitoring and Evaluation Programme (NSW-MEP), which aims to gain knowledge and experience in the field of technology, economy, nature, environment and use functions.
The Technology section of the programme focuses on improving the efficiency and reducing the cost of offshore wind energy.
As part of the programme data will be collected on:
- the (wind) climate at the site
- the electricity production and reliability of the wind turbines
- the degree to which the generated capacity can be predicted
- manpower requirements for the wind turbines
- maintenance aspects
- the effect on local use functions, such as shipping.
A summary of the Technology programme can be downloaded here: Overview MEP-T.
The programme is carried out during construction and in the years 2007 to 2009 inclusive. In 2012 a summary report will be published on the first five years of operation.
Read more >>